If you, a loved one, or a colleague are experiencing difficulties, we can help. Call us.
The PHP is a confidential service provided by the Ontario Medical Association, which works independently of the regulatory colleges.
You can remain anonymous, and will not be required to provide any identifying information.
Our Clinical Coordinators will:
- Listen to your concerns and provide support
- Work with you to identify your needs
- Offer information and advice, if requested
- Connect you with a PHP Medical Director for further advice and support, if requested
- Match you with the best possible community resources for support
We provide support and referrals to physicians, veterinarians, and their families for a range of concerns, including:
- Stress and burnout
- Relationship issues
- Concerns around substance use
- Mental health concerns
- Other concerns that are impacting work and home life
We have access to a wide range of resources across Ontario, including:
- Addiction Professionals
- GP Psychotherapists
- Private psychotherapists
- Couples counsellors
All of our clinicians have experience working with health professionals.
The PHP also does not provide treatment, but matches callers to community services.
Please note that the PHP is not a crisis service. If you are in crisis, you can obtain immediate support from the Wellness Support Line at 1.800.851.6606. You can also call your local crisis line or go to your local hospital.