The OMA, in conjunction with VitalSmarts, is offering Crucial Conversations® and it’s companion Crucial Accountability™ Companion training exclusively to OMA members.
Crucial Conversations® training teaches skills for communicating when the stakes are high, opinions vary and emotions run strong.
Crucial Accountability™ Companion Course builds on the skills learned in Crucial Conversations and introduces a powerful set of new skills to resolve your most challenging accountability issues.
Who Should Attend
Crucial Conversations® and Crucial Accountability™ Companion workshops are recommended for all physicians, regardless of specialty or region of practice.
You’ll learn vital skills that enable you to create conditions where people speak with complete candor and respect. These skills drive improvements in patient safety and quality care by helping you to:
- Spot when conversations become crucial
- Avoid repeatedly having the same conversation
- Understand your own style under stress
- Recognize and diffuse violence and silence
- Clearly identify and express what you really mean
- Separate facts from stories and emotions and make it safe for others to speak up
- Resolving disagreements by talking respectfully, candidly and skillfully with co-workers in a safe way.
- Building acceptance rather than resistance - give and receive feedback in a way that enhances relationships and improves results.
- Speaking persuasively, not abrasively - ensure the right decision is made, when stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong.
- Fostering teamwork in a way that guarantees commitment and conviction.
Crucial Accountability™ Companion Course
As a Crucial Conversations® graduate, you will utilize those skills and learn new skills that enable you to resolve disagreements, hold others accountable, make better decisions, and take more committed actions by helping you to:
- Identify the gaps that are keeping you stuck and understand what is causing the gap
- Share what was expected vs. what was observed
- Understand and communicate constraints as you begin
- Motivate others by identifying natural consequences of the gap
- Turn solutions into actions and close the gap for good
- Mastering performance discussions - avoid defensiveness costly arguments and get positive results.
- Motivating others without using power - explain specific, natural consequences, and permanently resolve problems.
- Managing projects without taking over - help others avoid excuses, keep projects on track, and resolve performance barriers.
- Turning solutions into actions - agree on a plan, follow up, engage in good reporting practices and manage new expectations.
- Participants of this course must have previously attended Crucial Conversations® training.
General Information about sessions:
We are currently reviewing potential new dates for Crucial Conversations and Crucial Accountability workshop for 2017. In the meantime, If you wish to participate in a Crucial Conversations or Crucial Accountability Workshop, and are unable to attend the current session offered, please contact us at 1-800-851-6606 or email@example.com and we will ensure you are informed of any additional sessions.
To bring Crucial Conversations/Crucial Accountability to your organization, please contact us for further information.
|June 26-27, 2017||Crucial Conversations (2 day)||Open registration|
TIME: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: OMA Offices - 150 Bloor St. West, 9th floor, Toronto
MEALS: A continental breakfast and hot lunch is included for the day - please indicate if you have any dietary restrictions when you register.
REGISTRATION: OMA WebsiteFor more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotels in Toronto can be difficult to obtain, please book early!
Below is the list of the hotels in the area (walking distance) that offer OMA corporate rate. Information about these rates can be found on the OMA website: www.oma.org
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville – OMA PREFERRED HOTEL
220 Bloor St. W., Toronto
Park Hyatt Toronto
4 Avenue Rd., Toronto
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
60 Yorkville Ave., Toronto
|Mary T. Yates, B.A. (Hons), M.Ed.|
|Monica Olsen, MHRD - Olsen and Associates Consulting Inc.|
|Ron Christian, MEd - Associate Management Training, exper!ence it Inc.|
|Ted Bober, MSW, RSW - PHP Associate Director, Clinical Services, Ontario Medical Association|
Articles on this Web site are published in PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat to read them. If you do not have a copy of Acrobat, you may obtain one free-of charge by clicking on the image below.